COMMUNITY OF SPANISH LEARNERS
Give your child the tools to succeed
BIENVENIDOS / WELCOME
RYAN ELEMENTARY PROGRAMS
EXPLORATORY SPANISH 1
- ES1 is intended for Ryan students in grades 2-3 (w/12 students) and grades 4-5 (w/12 students) who are interested in acquiring Spanish listening and speaking skills around conversation and directions in class. Students will practice with introductory topics such as names, colors, days of the week, alphabet, food and numbers.
- Students will know how to respond appropriately to simple questions in Spanish while also learning proper expressions and gestures for greetings and farewells.
- Students will have fun with stories and songs through dramatization or other forms of creative expression while making cultural connections.
- Grades 4-5, April 17th - May 15th (no class 5/1) from 3:30 - 4:30
- Grades 2-3, April 19th - May 10th from 3:30 - 4:30
- After clicking on REGISTER and filling out the google form, return to the homepage and scroll to the bottom where it says PAYMENTS and click on "Add to cart" to complete registration.
WE ALSO OFFER
- We are able to help middle school and high school students learn Spanish Levels 1-4, and AP.
- We are able to help college students who are minoring, majoring or simply taking the class for Spanish credit.
- We offer tutoring online, or in person with individuals or small groups.
- We are able to help with other needs to learn Spanish should it be for a trip or work related experience, please contact us and let us know how we can support you!
Are you in need of a translation from Spanish to English or English to Spanish? Cost is $50 per hour. Rates can vary due to volume, turnaround, and subject matter. Please send us an email with a description of the type of document you would like translated.
Katherine Badilla Spaulding
I’ve been a Spanish classroom teacher for the past 18 years, of which the past 13 have been in Jeffco. I’ve taught levels 1-4, AP and IB. I graduated from CU Boulder with a Bachelors in Spanish and have a Masters in Spanish Language and Culture from the University of Salamanca, Spain. I love to teach because it inspires learning and the Spanish language is a lot of fun and practical! Together we have 2 boys and our oldest is in second grade at Meiklejohn.
Luis Badilla Viveros
I'm from Chile where I received my B.A. in French from Catholic University. I also have a Masters degree in Spanish Language and Culture from Salamanca University, Spain. I've worked in private and public schools for the past 25 years teaching all levels of the Spanish language.